Old 02-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default pronunciation of 389

We say three-eight-nine, it is easier to say than the number so probably what most people would say.

Some also refer to it as Directory Server and managers speak of LDAP they don't care about the product.

Regards

Old 02-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Rich Megginson

On 02/01/2011 06:34 AM, jean-NoŽl Chardron wrote:
> hello,
>
> What is the English pronunciation of 389 directory server
> Is it three, eight, nine, or three hundred eighty nine or something else ?
I use "three eight nine" and "three eighty-nine" - in English, "three
eighty-nine" usually means "three hundred eighty-nine", unless you're
talking about money, then it means $3.89.