Old 01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Paulo Silva

Default changelogdb getting too large

Hi,

I have a Multimaster replication setup with 3 servers and I've noticed that the changelogdb dir has some very large files:

# ls -lha changelogdb/
total 8.2G
drwx------ 2 nobody nobody 4.0K Jan 18 20:32 .

drwxr-x--- 6 nobody nobody 4.0K Jan 18 15:23 ..
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody*** 0 Jan 18 18:01 5b261e84-fe7011dd-a1f9862f-16c3237d.sema
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody 8.2G Jan 18 20:43 5b261e84-fe7011dd-a1f9862f-16c3237d_499c5871000000010000.db4

-rw------- 1 nobody nobody** 30 Feb 18* 2009 DBVERSION
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody* 24K Aug 14 20:35 __db.001
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody* 13M Aug 14 20:35 __db.002
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody* 96K Aug 14 20:35 __db.003

-rw------- 1 nobody nobody 648K Aug 14 20:35 __db.004
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody* 56K Aug 14 20:35 __db.005
-rw------- 1 nobody nobody* 10M Jan 18 20:44 log.0000007060
Is there any way to reduce it's size?

Thanks
--
Paulo Silva <paulojjs@gmail.com>

Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Rich Megginson

[...]

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#tab.changelog-attributes

Thanks

--

Paulo Silva <paulojjs@gmail.com>

Old 01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Paulo Silva

Hi,

I've set the nsslapd-changelogmaxage attribute in all the servers and restarted them all but the space remains in use. Is there something else I can do?
Thanks
--
Paulo Silva <paulojjs@gmail.com>

Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Rich Megginson

I've set the nsslapd-changelogmaxage attribute in all the servers
and restarted them all but the space remains in use. Is there
something else I can do?

Try nsslapd-changelogmaxsize?

Thanks

--