Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Default Newly added users not showing up in DS

I am trying to add a few new users to
my directory server, but after I add them, they don't show up under the
Directory tab. *I've pressed "Refresh All" a few times,
and they don't show up. *If I try to add them again (in case it didn't
"take" the first time), I get an error saying that the user already
exists. *I looked at the logs but didn't see any errors, and restarting
both the dirsrv and dirsrv-admin services didn't help.

Any ideas? *My 389-ds is version
1.2.1 and 389-ds-base is 1.2.7.5.

Thanks!

Harry

Harry Devine

Common ARTS Software Development

AJT-144

(609)485-4218

Harry.Devine@faa.gov--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Rich Megginson

Directory tab. *I've pressed "Refresh All" a few times,
and they don't show up. *If I try to add them again (in case it
didn't
"take" the first time), I get an error saying that the user
already
exists.
So they are there, the console is just not showing them

I looked at the logs
but didn't see any errors,
There might not be any "errors", but if you post the access log we
could see what searches the

and restarting
both the dirsrv and dirsrv-admin services didn't help.

does restarting the console help?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM

After I sent this, I see that I do have
those accounts, but not where I expected. *We have 2 servers (server
A and server B) that we want to replicate the user info between. *I
enter the new users on server A, but they only show up under People on
the Directory tab on server B. *When I try to force a replicate between
the 2 servers, I get "Incremental update has failed and requires adminstrator
actionSystem error: Error Code -1" in the replication status on server
B.

Ideas?

Harry

Harry Devine

Common ARTS Software Development

AJT-144

(609)485-4218

Harry.Devine@faa.gov

From:
Harry Devine/ACT/FAA@FAA

[389-users] Newly added users not showing
up in DS

Sent by:
389-users-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Rich Megginson

those accounts, but not where I expected. *We have 2 servers
(server
A and server B) that we want to replicate the user info between.
*I
enter the new users on server A, but they only show up under
People on
the Directory tab on server B.
So you added the users on Server A, but they don't show up on Server
A, they only show up on Server B?

Old 01-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Yes, that's correct. *We've been
going with the idea that server A is our "master", so the fact
that the "master" doesn't see the new accounts, but the slave
does, is a bit strange. *These 2 servers are test boxes. *We
are using them to get everyone added and set up, then we plan on putting
389-ds onto our production box and replicate the user accounts over to
it and use it "live".

We want to be sure that down the line,
the replication will be correct, and adding new users will show up appropriately.
*Also, you asked about 389-console being restarted. *I did restart
that and they still don't show up.

Thanks!

Harry

Harry Devine

Common ARTS Software Development

AJT-144

(609)485-4218

Harry.Devine@faa.gov

From:
Rich Megginson <rmeggins@redhat.com>

To:
"General discussion list for the
389 Directory server project." <389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org>

Old 01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Rich Megginson

going with the idea that server A is our "master", so the fact
that the "master" doesn't see the new accounts, but the slave
does, is a bit strange. *These 2 servers are test boxes. *We
are using them to get everyone added and set up, then we plan on
putting
389-ds onto our production box and replicate the user accounts
over to
it and use it "live".

Can you provide the replica and replication agreement configuration
from both servers?* Also, excerpts from the access logs from server
A and server B from around the time the users were added, showing
the ADD operations.

We want to be sure that down the
line,
the replication will be correct, and adding new users will show
up appropriately.
*Also, you asked about 389-console being restarted. *I did
restart
that and they still don't show up.

Thanks!

Harry