Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Brian LaMere

Default Replication

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins@redhat.com> wrote:

On 01/14/2011 10:32 AM, Brian LaMere wrote:
Odd, I got MMR working with SSL...and I only
referenced that documentation
which documentation?
the documentation that references things which are no longer true, and points at a script that people seem to agree doesn't always work very well?

That said, I also noted that I used that very documentation and script successfully, so obviously it's not too far off *I'll see if the steps I followed last time still work now - which you're saying they should. *If they do, maybe I'll just clean them up regardless whether Harry wants them, and make a few suggestions for minor changes in the documentation. *Even just basic things like*http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication *referencing /opt/fedora-ds - while that is obviously not terribly difficult to figure out where the right place is, what it does is make the documentation seem questionable as to it's relevance to the current version. *That second part is the key - the fact that it doesn't seem relevant. *People don't like using documentation that doesn't seem current, even if it can still be followed.

Brian

Old 01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Rich Megginson

SSL...and I only referenced that documentation

which documentation?

the documentation that references things which are no
longer true, and points at a script that people seem to agree
doesn't always work very well?

Ok - the wiki page - it wasn't clear to me that that was the
document being referred to, or if the docs.redhat.com pages were
being referred to.

That said, I also noted that I used that very documentation
and script successfully, so obviously it's not too far off
*I'll see if the steps I followed last time still work now -
which you're saying they should. *If they do, maybe I'll just
clean them up regardless whether Harry wants them, and make a
few suggestions for minor changes in the documentation. *Even
just basic things like*http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication
*referencing /opt/fedora-ds - while that is obviously not
terribly difficult to figure out where the right place is,
what it does is make the documentation seem questionable as to
it's relevance to the current version. *That second part is
the key - the fact that it doesn't seem relevant. *People
don't like using documentation that doesn't seem current, even
if it can still be followed.

Sure, I understand.

Brian

Old 01-14-2011, 07:42 PM