Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Deyan Stoykov

Default CoS and language codes

Hello!

I'm implementing CoS for the ou attribute, but it doesn't work when a
language code (RFC2596) is included.

# ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cospriority=CIKO Template" -LLL
dn: cospriority=CIKO Template,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
ou: CIKO
ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
cosPriority: CIKO Template
objectClass: top
objectClass: costemplate
objectClass: extensibleobject

Expected result:

# ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
ou: CIKO
ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=

Actual result:

# ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
ou: CIKO

I'm running centos-ds-8.1.0-1.el5. Has anyone tried this? Seems like a
bug to me.

Regards,
Deyan

--
Deyan Stoykov, dstoykov@uni-ruse.bg
System administrator

Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Rich Megginson

On 01/10/2011 08:18 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm implementing CoS for the ou attribute, but it doesn't work when a
> language code (RFC2596) is included.
>
> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cospriority=CIKO Template" -LLL
> dn: cospriority=CIKO Template,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
> ou: CIKO
> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
> cosPriority: CIKO Template
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: costemplate
> objectClass: extensibleobject
This does not look correct. cosPriority is supposed to be an integer:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Advanced_Entry_Management-Assigning_Class_of_Service

Old 01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Deyan Stoykov

Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 01/10/2011 08:18 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I'm implementing CoS for the ou attribute, but it doesn't work when a
>> language code (RFC2596) is included.
>>
>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cospriority=CIKO Template" -LLL
>> dn: cospriority=CIKO Template,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>> ou: CIKO
>> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
>> cosPriority: CIKO Template
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: costemplate
>> objectClass: extensibleobject
> This does not look correct. cosPriority is supposed to be an integer:
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Advanced_Entry_Management-Assigning_Class_of_Service

Thank you, I fixed this, but the issue still exists:

# ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cn=CIKO Template" -LLL
dn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
cn: CIKO Template
cosPriority: 1
ou: CIKO
ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=

Old 01-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Rich Megginson

On 01/11/2011 06:53 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:
>> On 01/10/2011 08:18 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I'm implementing CoS for the ou attribute, but it doesn't work when a
>>> language code (RFC2596) is included.
>>>
>>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cospriority=CIKO Template" -LLL
>>> dn: cospriority=CIKO Template,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>>> ou: CIKO
>>> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
>>> cosPriority: CIKO Template
>>> objectClass: top
>>> objectClass: costemplate
>>> objectClass: extensibleobject
>> This does not look correct. cosPriority is supposed to be an integer:
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Advanced_Entry_Management-Assigning_Class_of_Service
> Thank you, I fixed this, but the issue still exists:
>
> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cn=CIKO Template" -LLL
> dn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
> cn: CIKO Template
> cosPriority: 1
> ou: CIKO
> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: costemplate
> objectClass: extensibleobject
>
> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
> dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
> ou: CIKO
What is your CoS definition entry?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Deyan Stoykov

Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 06:53 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
>> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> This does not look correct. cosPriority is supposed to be an integer:
>>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html-single/Administration_Guide/index.html#Advanced_Entry_Management-Assigning_Class_of_Service
>>>
>> Thank you, I fixed this, but the issue still exists:
>>
>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cn=CIKO Template" -LLL
>> dn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>> cn: CIKO Template
>> cosPriority: 1
>> ou: CIKO
>> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: costemplate
>> objectClass: extensibleobject
>>
>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
>> dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>> ou: CIKO
> What is your CoS definition entry?

dn: cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
costemplatedn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS,
ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
objectClass: top
objectClass: ldapsubentry
objectClass: cossuperdefinition
objectClass: cosPointerDefinition
cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg
cosAttribute: ou
cn: CIKO CoS

Btw I was unable to export the CoS definition entry with ldapsearch (it
was never in the results, even with no filter), only with db2ldif. I
don't know if this is bug or by design.

Regards,
Deyan

Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Rich Megginson

On 01/11/2011 08:25 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> Thank you, I fixed this, but the issue still exists:
>>>
>>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret "cn=CIKO Template" -LLL
>>> dn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS,
>>> ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>>> cn: CIKO Template
>>> cosPriority: 1
>>> ou: CIKO
>>> ou;lang-bg:: 0KbQmNCa0J4=
>>> objectClass: top
>>> objectClass: costemplate
>>> objectClass: extensibleobject
>>>
>>> # ldapsearch -x -y /etc/ldap.secret uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
>>> dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>>> ou: CIKO
>> What is your CoS definition entry?
>
> dn: cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
> costemplatedn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS,
> ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: ldapsubentry
> objectClass: cossuperdefinition
> objectClass: cosPointerDefinition
> cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg
> cosAttribute: ou
> cn: CIKO CoS
>
> Btw I was unable to export the CoS definition entry with ldapsearch
> (it was never in the results, even with no filter), only with db2ldif.
> I don't know if this is bug or by design.
This is by design. CoS definition entries inherit from objectclass
ldapsubentry - these are special entries that only show up if you
provide the special search filter objectclass=ldapsubentry - so if you
want to see all of your cos definition entries, try this:
ldapsearch .....
'(&(objectclass=cossuperdefinition)(objectclass=ld apsubentry))'

Does it work correctly if you just have a single cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg?

Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Deyan Stoykov

Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 01/11/2011 08:25 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
>> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> What is your CoS definition entry?
>>
>> dn: cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>> costemplatedn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS,
>> ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: ldapsubentry
>> objectClass: cossuperdefinition
>> objectClass: cosPointerDefinition
>> cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg
>> cosAttribute: ou
>> cn: CIKO CoS
>>
>> Btw I was unable to export the CoS definition entry with ldapsearch
>> (it was never in the results, even with no filter), only with db2ldif.
>> I don't know if this is bug or by design.
> This is by design. CoS definition entries inherit from objectclass
> ldapsubentry - these are special entries that only show up if you
> provide the special search filter objectclass=ldapsubentry - so if you
> want to see all of your cos definition entries, try this:
> ldapsearch .....
> '(&(objectclass=cossuperdefinition)(objectclass=ld apsubentry))'

Thanks, good to know!

> Does it work correctly if you just have a single cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg?

No, no values are returned.

# ldapsearch -x uid=dstoykov ou -LLL

Old 01-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Rich Megginson

On 01/11/2011 08:54 AM, Deyan Stoykov wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:

>>> dn: cn=CIKO CoS, ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>>> costemplatedn: cn=CIKO Template, cn=CIKO CoS,
>>> ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg
>>> objectClass: top
>>> objectClass: ldapsubentry
>>> objectClass: cossuperdefinition
>>> objectClass: cosPointerDefinition
>>> cosAttribute: ou;lang-bg
>>> cosAttribute: ou
>>> cn: CIKO CoS
>>>
>>> Btw I was unable to export the CoS definition entry with ldapsearch
>>> (it was never in the results, even with no filter), only with
>>> db2ldif. I don't know if this is bug or by design.
>> This is by design. CoS definition entries inherit from objectclass
>> ldapsubentry - these are special entries that only show up if you
>> provide the special search filter objectclass=ldapsubentry - so if
>> you want to see all of your cos definition entries, try this:
>> ldapsearch .....
>> '(&(objectclass=cossuperdefinition)(objectclass=ld apsubentry))'
>
> Thanks, good to know!
>
>> Does it work correctly if you just have a single cosAttribute:
>> ou;lang-bg?
>
> No, no values are returned.
>
> # ldapsearch -x uid=dstoykov ou -LLL
> dn: uid=dstoykov,ou=CIKO,ou=People,dc=ru,dc=acad,dc=bg

Ok. Please file a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=389