Old 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Gary Algier

Default Simple AD password sync?

I am looking for simple AD password sync solution.

I think there was once one as part of this project. It was to be installed on
all DCs and would send password updates to any LDAP server. Now this project
seems to use one that requires a replication agreement and it only supports
this server.

While I may be interested in switching to the 389 server at some point, we are
currently using the Sun directory server (5.2) and I need more time to
evaluate what that will entail. In the mean time I need to get password
syncing working as we want to pull the plug on Oracle's Identity Management
Suite (OIM) which is currently doing this function along with lots of other
unnecessary things.

Can anyone point me to where to find the old password sync tool? Or is there
a way to use the current one without replication, etc?

Thanks,
Gary

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ gaa at ulticom.com +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054 Fax:+1 856 866 2033

Nielsen's First Law of Computer Manuals:
People don't read documentation voluntarily.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Rich Megginson

On 01/10/2011 08:18 AM, Gary Algier wrote:
> I am looking for simple AD password sync solution.
>
> I think there was once one as part of this project. It was to be installed on
> all DCs and would send password updates to any LDAP server. Now this project
> seems to use one that requires a replication agreement and it only supports
> this server.
You can use the passsync msi without setting up a winsync (repl)
agreement. Why do you think otherwise? Note that no matter what you
do, there has to be some relationship between the AD entry and the DS
entry - usually the AD samAccountName matches the DS uid attribute.