Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Juan Asensio Sánchez

Default Multiple suffixes in 1 database

Hi

I am trying to setup a test environment where each database should
contain multiple suffixes. I have 6 organizations:

- o=a1,dc=org,dc=net
- o=a2,dc=org,dc=net
- o=b1,dc=org,dc=net
- o=b2,dc=org,dc=net
- o=c1,dc=org,dc=net
- o=c2,dc=org,dc=net

a1 and a2, should belong to userRoot, which is "mastered" in server1,
b1 and b2 should belog to database px02, which is mastered in server2,
and so with c1 and c2. Is this possible to do? I am trying to do it,
creating a new sub-suffix b1, allowing the console to autocreate
database px02. Then I create a new sub-suffix b2, without creating any
database. Then, i try to assing the database px02 previously created,
but i get an error in the console, and in the logs: "ERROR: backend
px_02 is already pointed to by a mapping tree node. Only one mapping
tree node can point to a backend", so I think this is not possible.
Any ideas?

CentOS 5.5 + 389-ds-base-1.2.6.1-2.el5

Regards.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Rich Megginson

On 12/21/2010 02:37 AM, Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to setup a test environment where each database should
> contain multiple suffixes. I have 6 organizations:
>
> - o=a1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=a2,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=b1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=b2,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=c1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=c2,dc=org,dc=net
>
> a1 and a2, should belong to userRoot,
It doesn't work that way. You would have to do something like this:
o=a,dc=org,dc=net - belongs to userRoot
o=a1,o=a,dc=org,dc=net
o=a2,o=a,dc=org,dc=net

If you really want multiple suffixes under dc=org,dc=net that belong to
multiple databases, you will have to write an entry distribution plugin
to distribute the entries among your suffixes.