Old 12-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Rich Megginson

Default attrcrypt_unwrap_key: failed to unwrap key for cipher AES

On 12/16/2010 03:41 PM, Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
Hi All,

Occasionally I see the following messages when I start the 389DS.

<timestamp> attrcrypt_unwrap_key:* failed to unwrap key for
cipher AES

<timestamp> Failed to retrieve key for cipher AES in
attrcrypt_cipher_init

<timestamp> Failed to initialize cipher AES in
attrcrypt_init

<timestamp> attrcrypt_unwrap_key:* failed to unwrap key for
cipher 3DES

<timestamp> Failed to retrieve key for cipher 3DES in
attrcrypt_cipher_init

<timestamp> Failed to initialize cipher 3DES in
attrcrypt_init

Can someone tell me what went wrong there?* It looks like these
messages are harmless because 389DS still started up successfully
and able to process all requests.

Yes, it should be harmless unless you are actually using attribute
encryption.

Thanks,

- David