Old 12-14-2010, 04:58 PM
brandon

Default admin http server segfaulting

Okay, I have 389-admin-console-1.1.5-1 installed on RHEL5 with
httpd-2.2.3-43.el5_5.3 and SELinux enforcing.

We have installed on two hosts. It runs Okay on one host, but fails to
finish setup-ds-admin.pl on the other. All I can find is a repeated
segfault in dirsrv/admin-server/error (admin serve httpd error log).

I'm presuming the console does not work because the HTTP server cannot
stay up because of the Segfault. The directory server appears to be
working fine (ldapsearch verifies), but I want to get into the console.

I have reviewed the configurations between the two hosts (the one that
works and the one that does not) and I am a bit stumped as they appear
to be identical.

I did restart (from the command line) the console on the one that did
work, and now it has started segfaulting. I noted that the SEL context
changed for httpd.worker from system_u to user_u (presumably it picked
up system_u from the boot/init). I rebooted the second host and it came
up with system_u, but still segfaults.

I'm kindof at the end of the road here on troubleshooting. Any suggestions?

-Brandon

Old 12-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Rich Megginson

On 12/14/2010 10:58 AM, brandon wrote:
> Okay, I have 389-admin-console-1.1.5-1 installed on RHEL5 with
> httpd-2.2.3-43.el5_5.3 and SELinux enforcing.
What are the other package versions you have e.g.
rpm -qi 389-ds-base 389-admin 389-adminutil
?

Does it work if you disable SELinux?

Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM
brandon

On 12/14/2010 11:00 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 10:58 AM, brandon wrote:
>> Okay, I have 389-admin-console-1.1.5-1 installed on RHEL5 with
>> httpd-2.2.3-43.el5_5.3 and SELinux enforcing.
> What are the other package versions you have e.g.
> rpm -qi 389-ds-base 389-admin 389-adminutil
> ?

389-admin-console-1.1.5-1
389-ds-base-1.2.6.1-2
389-ds-1.2.1-1
389-adminutil-1.1.8-4
389-console-1.1.4-1
389-dsgw-1.1.5-1
389-admin-1.1.11-1
389-ds-console-1.2.3-1

> Does it work if you disable SELinux?

I'm a step ahead. I switched it to permissive and rebooted. It came up
okay.

About the only thing pertinent in sealerts is a File Label alert with a
target object of ./httpd.pid. There are other sealerts, but those are
known problems (we run rootsh shell wrapper and it causes a cascating
sealert but nothing that breaks anything).

I'm rebooting back to enforcing mode to see if it still works.

BTW, the http error (not very helpful):

[Tue Dec 14 17:52:44 2010] [notice] Access Host filter is: *.infra
[Tue Dec 14 17:52:44 2010] [notice] Access Address filter is: *
[Tue Dec 14 17:52:45 2010] [notice] child pid 5706 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

It just loops/repeats this about once a second.