Old 12-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Aaron Hagopian

Default incorrect version displayed in console

After updating to the latest 389-ds packages I can connect to my admin console again but I happened to notice that the version displayed when I click on Directory Server shows 1.2.6 but yum says differently:

Name * * * *: 389-ds-baseArch * * * *: x86_64Version * * : 1.2.7.2Release * * : 1.fc14Size * * * *: 5.5 MRepo * * * *: installedFrom repo * : updates

Summary * * : 389 Directory Server (base)URL * * * * : http://port389.org/License * * : GPLv2 with exceptionsDescription : 389 Directory Server is an LDAPv3 compliant server. *The base

** * * * * *: package includes the LDAP server and command line utilities for** * * * * *: server administration.

Obviously not a big deal but may confuse people. *This is on a completely up-to-date fedora 14 x86_64 machine.

Thanks,
Aaron

Old 12-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Rich Megginson

After updating to the latest 389-ds packages I can
connect to my admin console again but I happened to notice that
the version displayed when I click on Directory Server shows 1.2.6
but yum says differently:

Name * * * *: 389-ds-base
Arch * * * *: x86_64
Version * * : 1.2.7.2
Release * * : 1.fc14
Size * * * *: 5.5 M
Repo * * * *: installed
From repo * : updates
Summary * * : 389 Directory Server (base)
URL * * * * : http://port389.org/
License * * : GPLv2 with exceptions
Description : 389 Directory Server is an LDAPv3 compliant
server. *The base
** * * * * *: package includes the LDAP server and command
line utilities for
** * * * * *: server administration.

Obviously not a big deal but may confuse people. *This is on
a completely up-to-date fedora 14 x86_64 machine.

After upgrading, did you run

setup-ds-admin.pl -u

?

Thanks,

Aaron

Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Aaron Hagopian

I did not. *Basically just doing my regular updates, nothing from updates-testing so I didn't know I would need to take any user intervention. *After running that it DOES show the correct version.
Is that something for Fedora only or will my RHEL machines using EPEL need to do that as well when I upgrade those to 1.2.7.x?

Thanks,
Aaron*
2010/12/14 Rich Megginson <rmeggins@redhat.com>

After updating to the latest 389-ds packages I can
connect to my admin console again but I happened to notice that
the version displayed when I click on Directory Server shows 1.2.6
but yum says differently:

Name * * * *: 389-ds-base
Arch * * * *: x86_64
Version * * : 1.2.7.2