Old 12-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Андрей Воронин

Default Windows Sync Agreement troubles

Hi!
Have some troubles in setup AD -> DS replication.

CentOS 5.5
386ds version 1.2.6.1 build 2010.272.2313 installed from EPEL repo

I have created sync agreement based on this article:
http://www.linuxmail.info/ad-fds-sync-howto/

But sync doesn't work. Have many same events at error log:
"NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=WinSyncAgreement" (ldap:389): Replica has no update vector. It has never been initialized."

Also when i try to delete this agreement, dirsrv service dies.
# service dirsrv status
dirsrv 389ds dead but pid file exists

In error log only - "NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt_delete: begin"

Old 12-10-2010, 10:58 PM
Rich Megginson

Have some troubles in setup AD -> DS replication.

CentOS 5.5

386ds version 1.2.6.1 build 2010.272.2313 installed from EPEL repo

I have created sync agreement based on this article:

http://www.linuxmail.info/ad-fds-sync-howto/

But sync doesn't work.
Can you provide more details?

Have many same events at error log:

"NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=WinSyncAgreement" (ldap:389):
Replica has no update vector. It has never been initialized."

This is usually normal until the initial sync happens.

Also when i try to delete this agreement, dirsrv service dies.

# service dirsrv status

dirsrv 389ds dead but pid file exists

In error log only - "NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt_delete: begin"

I also suggest using 1.2.7.3 or 4 which should be available from the
EPEL testing repo

Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Andrey Voronin

2010/12/11 Rich Megginson <rmeggins@redhat.com>
> Can you provide more details?

Details on sync agreement:

DS Host: 389ds.my.domain.name:389

Windows Host: ldap.my.domain.name:389
DS Subtree: dc=my,dc=domain,dc=name
Windows Subtree: dc=my,dc=domain,dc=name
Replicated subtree: dc=my,dc=domain,dc=name

Last update message: Incremental update started

Number of changes sent since startup: not available

Connection: LDAP (no encryption)

Replication Status:
Replica suffix: dc=my,dc=domain,dc=name
Consumer: ldap.my.domain.name

Supplier: 389ds.my.domain.name
Number of changes: not available
Consumer initialization: not in progress
Last consumer .... (3 lines): not available

No changes in directory tree.

> This is usually normal until the initial sync happens.
Seems like it doesn't want to happen.

> I also suggest using 1.2.7.3 or 4 which should be available from the
EPEL testing repo
Ok. I'll try

Old 12-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Andrey Voronin

>> I also suggest using 1.2.7.3 or 4 which should be available from the
EPEL testing repo
With 1.2.7.4 (from EPEL testing) sync was successfull. Thank you.