Old 11-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Billy O'Connell

Default Multi Master Replication

Hi,

I have setup 2 x 389 directory servers. Both are Centos
Linux 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 servers. I am trying to Configure
Multimaster Replication between them. Following the guide at :
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication

I have grabbed the mmr.pl script, but am having issues with it. When
I run it, it just hangs. I do not see any output to the log files on
my dir servers. I use this from the command line:

perl -d mmr.pl --host1 ldap1 --host2 ldap2 --host1_id 1 --host2_id
2 --bindpw mypassword --repmanpw repsecret --base
dc=mydomain,dc=com --create --with-ssl

I am not familiar with perl's debug, but this is what I can see.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

main:mmr.pl:21): my %o;
DB<1> r

And then it just hangs until I kill it.

Any help or pointers would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,
Billy

Old 11-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Hi Billy,

I have not used these perl scripts before. My suggestion would be to first go through the manual setup explained in the admin guide to get a better understanding of how everything works before you use an automated script that does all the grunt work. That way you will have a much better understanding of how everything fits together and be able to debug problems with multimaster much better.

[Gerrard Geldenhuis]

Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Billy O'Connell

Gerrard,

Thanks for the response. I have set it up manually in another
environment, and it works just fine. At this point it would have
been quicker to do so, but I am hard headed and would like to figure
out why this is not working as I was hoping.

Thanks,
Billy