-   -   duplicate existing ssl credentials on another server ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/450043-duplicate-existing-ssl-credentials-another-server.html)

Daniel Maher 11-09-2010 02:36 PM

On 11/09/2010 04:11 PM, Angel Bosch Mora wrote:
> you must create a certificate with additional hostnames with -8 option.
>
> you can view an example here:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5899/6n7uuth9p?l=en&n=1&a=view

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

In my scenario the hostname never changes. Consider these DNS records :
master A 10.0.0.1
slave A 10.0.0.2
ldap A 10.0.0.1

My LDAP-aware applications ONLY point to "ldap", and have _no_ knowledge
of "master" or "slave".

If 10.0.0.1 fails, DNS is updated in the following way :
ldap A 10.0.0.2

As you can see, there is only one relevant hostname, therefore there are
no other additional hostnames to generate a certificate for.

--
Daniel Maher <dma + 389users AT witbe DOT net>