-   -   Several root suffixes (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/446259-several-root-suffixes.html)

Andreas Andersson 10-31-2010 09:11 AM

Several root suffixes

Hi!

Is 389 DS working fine using 5 - 10 root suffixes? I know its not very common as you usually only need one root suffix for your organization.
The reason why I'm asking is that I want to consolidate several test environments into one single LDAP environment.

I know its possible in 389 but are there any technical issues or limitations I might run into doing this?

Regards - Andreas

Rich Megginson 11-01-2010 12:31 PM

Several root suffixes

Andreas Andersson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is 389 DS working fine using 5 - 10 root suffixes? I know its not very common as you usually only need one root suffix for your organization.
> The reason why I'm asking is that I want to consolidate several test environments into one single LDAP environment.
>
> I know its possible in 389 but are there any technical issues or limitations I might run into doing this?

You should be able to have dozens of root suffixes without any problems.