FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Directory

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-30-2010, 10:57 AM
"Edward Z. Yang"
 
Default Severe dn corruption

Hello,

Last evening we experienced server corruption inside our replicated
prefix.

Three users got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu to dc=scripts,
and another user got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts to
ou=People,ou=People,dc=scripts. We also couldn't fix it because it claimed
that the correct DN existed.

We also saw replication conflicts using , as the
thing after nsuniqueid instead of +.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Edward

P.S. Our dirsrvs have been crashing and segfaulting because of the GSSAPI bugs,
so if you want to blame it on that, ok, though dirsrv should not be corrupting
data when it gets interrupted.
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 11-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Rich Megginson
 
Default Severe dn corruption

Edward Z. Yang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Last evening we experienced server corruption inside our replicated
> prefix.
>
> Three users got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu to dc=scripts,
> and another user got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts to
> ou=People,ou=People,dc=scripts. We also couldn't fix it because it claimed
> that the correct DN existed.
>
> We also saw replication conflicts using , as the
> thing after nsuniqueid instead of +.
>
> Please advise.
>
This could be https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=643532 which
was fixed in 389-ds-base 1.2.7.a3.
> Cheers,
> Edward
>
> P.S. Our dirsrvs have been crashing and segfaulting because of the GSSAPI bugs,
> so if you want to blame it on that, ok, though dirsrv should not be corrupting
> data when it gets interrupted.
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Noriko Hosoi
 
Default Severe dn corruption

On 11/01/2010 06:34 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Edward Z. Yang wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Last evening we experienced server corruption inside our replicated
>> prefix.
>>
>> Three users got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu to dc=scripts,
>> and another user got moved from ou=People,dc=scripts to
>> ou=People,ou=People,dc=scripts. We also couldn't fix it because it claimed
>> that the correct DN existed.
>>
>> We also saw replication conflicts using , as the
>> thing after nsuniqueid instead of +.
>>
>> Please advise.
>>
> This could be https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=643532 which
> was fixed in 389-ds-base 1.2.7.a3.
Edward,

If you have hit the bug 643532, restarting the server temporarily
"fixes" the problem. The DN is corrupted in the entry cache in memory.
The entries in the backend db should be okay. (That's why you could not
"fix it".) But of course, the corruption would be observed again. So,
we recommend you to upgrade to 1.2.7.a3.

Thanks,
--noriko
>> Cheers,
>> Edward
>>
>> P.S. Our dirsrvs have been crashing and segfaulting because of the GSSAPI bugs,
>> so if you want to blame it on that, ok, though dirsrv should not be corrupting
>> data when it gets interrupted.
>> --
>> 389 users mailing list
>> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>>
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org