Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Mike Li

Default can 389 DS server 1.1 be configured this way?

Can I configure the 389 DS server 1.1 to change its returning error codes?
i.e. can I *configure* it so that it returns LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT (0x20) instead of LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX (0x22) to client, when it receives client's searching string with an invalid DN syntax ? -- anyone has done this? just curious.

Thanks

Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Nathan Kinder

Can I configure the 389 DS server 1.1 to change its
returning error codes?

i.e. can I *configure* it so that it returns LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT (0x20)
instead of LDAP_INVALID_DN_SYNTAX (0x22) to client, when it receives
client's searching string with an invalid DN syntax ? -- anyone has
done this? just curious.

There is no way to configure this in 389.* The error codes are hard
coded.

-NGK

Thanks