Old 10-22-2010, 08:12 PM

Default Getting started with 389 DS

I just installed 389 DS on a laptop
running CentOS 5.4 to start getting familiar with it. *I got it installed
correctly (answered all of the questions in the setup-ds-admin.pl script,
verified that the dirsrv and dirsrv-admin services are running), but when
I run the 389-console, I can't log in. *I'm entering the username
and password that I used in the setup script, but I keep getting "Cannot
login because of an incorrect User ID, incorrect password, or Directory
problem. *java.io.InterruptedIOException: HTTP response timeout".

What am I doing wrong? *I'm trying
to follow the docs at http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation
but they seem to jump all over the place. *I did find a tutorial at
http://www.linuxmail.info/389-directory-server-setup-howto-centos-5/,
but I'm stuck at the first step under "Administering 389 Directory
Server". *Do I have to reinstall the 389 DS? *Is there a
place that I can clear out/reset the admin password to get in?

Thanks,

Harry

Harry Devine

Common ARTS Software Development