Old 10-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Angel Bosch Mora

Default sub-suffix creation

hi,

im trying to create the entry for a sub-suffix i've created in the console but i can't find any instruction.

i've followed official docs:

http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/CDS/ag/8.0/Configuring_Directory_Databases-Creating_and_Maintaining_Suffixes.html#Creating_Su ffixes-Creating_a_New_Sub_Suffix_Using_the_Console

but there's no info about entries, just databases.

any clue?

abosch

Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Hi
I a bit confused... have you successfully created the entry using the console and am looking for a ldif example? Or did the creation failed in the console. I can give you examples of how we create our tree and sub suffixes if that will help, they are all in ldif format.

Regards

Old 10-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Angel Bosch Mora

----- Missatge original -----
> Hi
> I a bit confused... have you successfully created the entry using the
> console and am looking for a ldif example? Or did the creation failed
> in the console. I can give you examples of how we create our tree and
> sub suffixes if that will help, they are all in ldif format.

i've found some additional info here:

http://docs.sun.com/source/816-6698-10/suffixes.html#16762

i was a little bit lost but i've finally managed to create an entry trhough console. all examples i found were using ldif and command line for entry creation, but is really easy with console. just be carefull with using the exact same name as in the suffix database creation.

thanks for your time, anyway.

abosch