Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Rich Megginson

Default ldap_add: Already exists (68)

Chun Tat David Chu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> After upgrading 389 Directory Server, I am getting a "ldap_add:
> Already exists (68)" error message when importing a used to be working
> LDIF via the ldapmodify command.
Already exists means an entry with that DN already exists

> Can someone help me to confirm that they are seeing the same thing?
> Adding the entry itself is fine but the problem occurs when I try to
> add members to my entry. Particularly it doesn't like the white space
> in between the numbers.
>
> Here's my LDIF.
> dn: cn=mytest,dc=example,dc=com
> changetype: add
> objectClass: groupOfNames
> objectClass: top
> cn: mytest
>
> dn: cn=mytest,dc=example,dc=com
> changetype: modify
> add: member
> member: 111-222-3333
> member: 333 222 111
> member: 111 333 444
member is a DN valued attribute - it must be in DN form (e.g.
uid=scarter,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com)

Old 10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Chun Tat David Chu

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your feedback.* That is also my conclusion after going over the release of 389 directory server.* It appears there's new DN format handling changes and that will explain why it used to work.

- David