Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Chun Tat David Chu

Default Tuning recommendation for multi-master replicated LDAPs

Hi All,
*
I am noticing some differenences in performance between single operated LDAP (no replication configured) and multi-master replicated LDAP.
*
For example in a single operated LDAP, I can perform about 50-60 writes to the LDAP (create and delete entry) and for a multi-master replicated LDAP I can only perform about 10-20 writes (create and delete entry).* Sometime it could even drop to single digit.

*
The multi-master replicated LDAP is configured to "Always keep directories in sync".* Do you think that is the culprit to why write operations are slower on multi-master replicated LDAPs?
*
Does anyone have any recommendation on how to tune my LDAPs?
*
Thanks,

David