Old 10-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Drexel Atkinson

Default sun iplanet migration

Has anyone posted a migration plan/steps to move from the sun iplanet
5.2 to fedora 389? I could use some guidance on the steps,
limitations, issues.
thanks,
-drex

Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Rich Megginson

Drexel Atkinson wrote:
> Has anyone posted a migration plan/steps to move from the sun iplanet
> 5.2 to fedora 389? I could use some guidance on the steps,
> limitations, issues.

We used to support Sun Iplanet 5.1 migration - we have some perl scripts
- if you are a perl hacker, they might be useful

if you use these scripts, migration will be a two step process - the old
migration works from the old Sun /opt or /usr style to the old Fedora DS
/opt/fedora-ds - you would then have to migrate from /opt/fedora-ds to
the new FHS style using the new migration (migrate-ds-admin.pl) script.

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=389/ds.git;a=tree;f=ldap/admin/src/scripts;h=a0cb11114f5b13ab4198363ca798409dbc1f15d1 ;hb=refs/heads/Directory71RtmBranch

The various template-migrate* scripts