Old 10-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Roberto Polli

Default 389 for Ubuntu: launchpad & co

Hi all,

I saw that 389 for Ubuntu is quite old, like 1.2.0...

I'd like to revive the launchpad repository but seems there's nobody there...

Is there somebody of the ubuntu-packager *here* ?

Peace,
R.
--
Roberto Polli
Babel S.r.l. - http://www.babel.it

"Il seguente messaggio contiene informazioni riservate. Qualora questo
messaggio fosse da Voi ricevuto per errore, Vogliate cortesemente darcene
notizia a mezzo e-mail. Vi sollecitiamo altresì a distruggere il messaggio
erroneamente ricevuto. Quanto precede Vi viene chiesto ai fini del rispetto
della legge in materia di protezione dei dati personali."

Old 10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
"Ryan Braun [ADS]"

On October 1, 2010 03:27:35 pm Roberto Polli wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that 389 for Ubuntu is quite old, like 1.2.0...
>
> I'd like to revive the launchpad repository but seems there's nobody
> there...
>
> Is there somebody of the ubuntu-packager *here* ?

I've got some scripts I use to build .debs for etch/lenny and karmic. I
haven't updated them to lucid (I'm not even sure if I finished adding the
deps for all of karmic). But they're pretty straight forward.

If you want to have a look let me know.

Ryan Braun
Aviation and Defence Services Division
Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada
CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558
E-Mail: Ryan.Braun@ec.gc.ca

Old 10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Roberto Polli

Hi Ryan,

On Friday 01 October 2010 17:35:27 Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
> I've got some scripts I use to build .debs for etch/lenny and karmic.
Cool, as of now I use the
# checkinstall -D
which is an interactive command-line program to create .deb

> haven't updated them to lucid (I'm not even sure if I finished adding the
> deps for all of karmic). But they're pretty straight forward.
If you can post them in list, I'll appreciate

A nice thing should be to bridge this mailing list to the ubunto launchpad
group
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-389-directory-server
to give a continuous ubuntu support to 389org.

Who's willing to create/join a group?

Peace,
R: