Old 09-24-2010, 03:13 AM
Ondrej Ivanič

Default how to get password expiration warnings and password policy

Hi,

Is there any way how to query user's password policy related
attributes? I'm interested in password expiration date in order to
show warning message.
PHP has ldap_parse_result(link, result, ...) function but there is no
result from ldap_bind() (which calls ldap_bind_s()) function (except
simple true/false).

When I set password policy for server I can query cn=config and get
password policy definition. When I set password policy for subtree I
can't find any password policy related attributes.

I tried to search using baseDN which is in 'pwdpolicysubentry' (
'cn="cn=nsPwTemplateEntry,dc=example",cn=nsPwPolic yContainer,dc=example'
) but nothing is there:
dn: cn="cn=nsPwTemplateEntry,dc=example",cn=nsPwPolicy Container,dc=ex
ample
objectClass: extensibleObject
objectClass: costemplate
objectClass: ldapsubentry