-   -   SSHA and friends (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/430488-ssha-friends.html)

Gerrard Geldenhuis 09-22-2010 05:45 PM

SSHA and friends

Hi

This is probably OT but I am not having much luck with google.
How can I create SSHA512 strings? I have been using either a php script or slappasswd
to create SSHA password but not sure how to do SSHA512. openssl can create the
SHA512 digest but I am not sure how to add the random seed bit. My question probably
illuminate my lack of understanding of the subject.

*

Best Regards