Old 09-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Rolling back a multi-master db

Hi

A simple question... is there any way to “roll back”
a multimaster database setup? Assuming you only take backup of one of the
masters and then roll that master back, it will receive updates from the other
masters because it is an older version.

*

You could stop all replication agreements and then
initialize all consumers again, any other ideas thoughts?

*

Regards

Old 09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Rich Megginson

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:

> Hi
>
> A simple question... is there any way to “roll back” a multimaster
> database setup? Assuming you only take backup of one of the masters
> and then roll that master back, it will receive updates from the other
> masters because it is an older version.

Not sure. If they still have the same replication generation, the other
masters may be able to bring it back up to date. If not, then the only
option is reinit.