Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"

Default Problems upgrading to 1.2.6

Oh, may I also request that the wiki page be updated to note that
the restoration process will delete the .bak file you create, so if
you /actually/ want to make a backup, you should move it somewhere
else (say, ~).

Excerpts from Edward Z. Yang's message of Thu Sep 16 14:14:48 -0400 2010:

Old 09-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Noriko Hosoi

Oh, may I also request that the wiki page be updated to note that
the restoration process will delete the .bak file you create, so if
you /actually/ want to make a backup, you should move it somewhere
else (say, ~).

Thanks for pointing it out.* You are right.* Updated the step 3...

3. Go to the DB instance directories and rename entryrdn.db4 as
follows (repeat it on all the db instances):

# cd /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-ID/db/NetscapeRoot/
# mv entryrdn.db4 /safe/backup/dir/entryrdn.db4.bak
# cd /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-ID/db/usrRoot/