FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Directory

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:21 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"
 
Default Syntax validation rejecting DirectoryStrings

Hello all,

We are having some difficulties with the new syntax validation built in
to LDAP. Consider the following schema (formatted for
readability):

dn: cn=schema
attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.1
NAME 'scriptsVhostName'
DESC 'Canonical server name'
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
SINGLE-VALUE
X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.2
NAME 'scriptsVhostAlias'
DESC 'Other server names'
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.3
NAME 'scriptsVhostDirectory'
DESC 'Directory under $HOME/Scripts/$service for the root of this service'
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
SINGLE-VALUE
X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.4
NAME 'scriptsVhostAccount'
DESC 'User account for finding home direcory and suexec uid/gid'
SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12
SINGLE-VALUE
X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
objectClasses: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.2.1
NAME 'scriptsVhost'
DESC 'Configuration for a scripts virtual host'
SUP top
AUXILIARY
MUST ( scriptsVhostName $ scriptsVhostDirectory $ scriptsVhostAccount )
MAY ( scriptsVhostAlias )
X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )

The syntax validation then rejects a directory entry of the following
form.

0 scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtual Hosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu
objectClass: scriptsVhost
objectClass: top
scriptsVhostName: ezyang.scripts.mit.edu
scriptsVhostAlias: ezyang.scripts
scriptsVhostAccount: uid=ezyang,ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu
scriptsVhostDirectory:

With the following error:

[16/Sep/2010:14:19:39 -0400] syntax-plugin - Syntax validate task starting (base: "scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtua lHosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu", filter: "(objectclass=*)") ...
[16/Sep/2010:14:19:40 -0400] syntax-plugin - Entry "scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtua lHosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu" violates syntax.
scriptsVhostDirectory: value #0 invalid per syntax
[16/Sep/2010:14:19:41 -0400] syntax-plugin - Syntax validate task complete. Found 1 invalid entries.

It is difficult for me to tell what value #0 is referring to, but if it
is scriptsVhostName, as far as I can tell it is a perfectly fine DirectoryString.
Is our schema wrong or is there a bug in the syntax validation?

Cheers,
Edward
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Nathan Kinder
 
Default Syntax validation rejecting DirectoryStrings

On 09/16/2010 11:21 AM, Edward Z. Yang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are having some difficulties with the new syntax validation built in
> to LDAP. Consider the following schema (formatted for
> readability):
>
> dn: cn=schema
> attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.1
> NAME 'scriptsVhostName'
> DESC 'Canonical server name'
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> SINGLE-VALUE
> X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
> attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.2
> NAME 'scriptsVhostAlias'
> DESC 'Other server names'
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
> attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.3
> NAME 'scriptsVhostDirectory'
> DESC 'Directory under $HOME/Scripts/$service for the root of this service'
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> SINGLE-VALUE
> X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
> attributeTypes: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.1.4
> NAME 'scriptsVhostAccount'
> DESC 'User account for finding home direcory and suexec uid/gid'
> SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12
> SINGLE-VALUE
> X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
> objectClasses: ( 1.2.840.113554.4.2.2.1
> NAME 'scriptsVhost'
> DESC 'Configuration for a scripts virtual host'
> SUP top
> AUXILIARY
> MUST ( scriptsVhostName $ scriptsVhostDirectory $ scriptsVhostAccount )
> MAY ( scriptsVhostAlias )
> X-ORIGIN 'scripts.mit.edu' )
>
> The syntax validation then rejects a directory entry of the following
> form.
>
> 0 scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtual Hosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu
> objectClass: scriptsVhost
> objectClass: top
> scriptsVhostName: ezyang.scripts.mit.edu
> scriptsVhostAlias: ezyang.scripts
> scriptsVhostAccount: uid=ezyang,ou=People,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu
> scriptsVhostDirectory:
>
> With the following error:
>
> [16/Sep/2010:14:19:39 -0400] syntax-plugin - Syntax validate task starting (base: "scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtua lHosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu", filter: "(objectclass=*)") ...
> [16/Sep/2010:14:19:40 -0400] syntax-plugin - Entry "scriptsVhostName=ezyang.scripts.mit.edu,ou=Virtua lHosts,dc=scripts,dc=mit,dc=edu" violates syntax.
> scriptsVhostDirectory: value #0 invalid per syntax
> [16/Sep/2010:14:19:41 -0400] syntax-plugin - Syntax validate task complete. Found 1 invalid entries.
>
> It is difficult for me to tell what value #0 is referring to, but if it
> is scriptsVhostName, as far as I can tell it is a perfectly fine DirectoryString.
> Is our schema wrong or is there a bug in the syntax validation?
>
It looks to me like your scriptsVhostDirectory attribute value is
empty. Per RFC 4517, a Directory String must consist of one or more
UTF8 characters. An empty value is invalid.

-NGK
> Cheers,
> Edward
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"
 
Default Syntax validation rejecting DirectoryStrings

Excerpts from Nathan Kinder's message of Thu Sep 16 14:39:54 -0400 2010:
> It looks to me like your scriptsVhostDirectory attribute value is
> empty. Per RFC 4517, a Directory String must consist of one or more
> UTF8 characters. An empty value is invalid.

Good to know! What syntax should I use instead, in that case?

Cheers,
Edward
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-17-2010, 06:04 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"
 
Default Syntax validation rejecting DirectoryStrings

Excerpts from Edward Z. Yang's message of Thu Sep 16 14:52:48 -0400 2010:
> Excerpts from Nathan Kinder's message of Thu Sep 16 14:39:54 -0400 2010:
> > It looks to me like your scriptsVhostDirectory attribute value is
> > empty. Per RFC 4517, a Directory String must consist of one or more
> > UTF8 characters. An empty value is invalid.
>
> Good to know! What syntax should I use instead, in that case?

For those playing along, we will probably start using UTF8String
( IANA-ASSIGNED-OID.2 DESC 'UTF8String' ) instead. Unfortunately,
we've never done this sort of schema migration before, especially
on a replicated setup, so if anyone has any experiences here I'd
love to hear them.

Cheers,
Edward
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org