Old 09-16-2010, 06:01 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"

Default Problems upgrading to 1.2.6

Hello all,

I can verify that the upgrade from 389-ds-base-1.2.6-0.1.a1.fc13.x86_64
to 1.2.6-1.fc13.x86_64 requires performing the instructions described
at [1] (in our case, LDAP authentication stopped working shortly after
the upgrade.) Is there any particular reason this isn't built into the
process by default?

Cheers,
Edward

[1] http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Subtree_Rename#warning:_upgrade_from_389_v1.2.6_.2 8a.3F.2C_rc1_.7E_rc6.29_to_v1.2.6_rc6_or_newer

Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Rich Megginson

Edward Z. Yang wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I can verify that the upgrade from 389-ds-base-1.2.6-0.1.a1.fc13.x86_64
> to 1.2.6-1.fc13.x86_64 requires performing the instructions described
> at [1] (in our case, LDAP authentication stopped working shortly after
> the upgrade.) Is there any particular reason this isn't built into the
> process by default?

389-ds-base-1.2.6-0.1.a1 was the very first alpha version (i.e.
unstable, not recommended for production use) that somehow got released
to the F13 stable repository. We didn't think that early alpha users
would mind upgrading, or that early alpha users would deploy it into
production. I apologize for any pain/confusion caused by that.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:14 PM
"Edward Z. Yang"

Excerpts from Rich Megginson's message of Thu Sep 16 14:09:09 -0400 2010:
> 389-ds-base-1.2.6-0.1.a1 was the very first alpha version (i.e.
> unstable, not recommended for production use) that somehow got released
> to the F13 stable repository. We didn't think that early alpha users
> would mind upgrading, or that early alpha users would deploy it into
> production. I apologize for any pain/confusion caused by that.

Ah, no worries, I was just a little surprised because Fedora 13 seemed
to have been shipping that version by default. I didn't even realize
I was using an alpha. :-)

Cheers,
Edward