Old 09-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Restoring a completely broken machine that is using a shared netscapedb

Hi

I was wandering if anyone can share some tips on how to
restore a machine that is using a shared/replicated netscapedb.

*

If I loose the server and need to rebuild the hardware how
would I “plug” the server back in?

*

The steps as I think they should be done without having
tested it yet is:

Install 389 dir server rpms ( same version as other servers )

Make backup of netscapedb on any other server.

Restore it on the server

Copy backed-up dse.ldif

Re-initialize userdb

*

I am still reading about all the backup commands so the
above is conceptually what I believe needs doing.

*

Any comments would be appreciated.

*

Best Regards