FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Directory

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 AM
brandon
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?

I have the limit set to 20 passwords, and due to debugging I have cycled
through 20 passwords. From that point forward I cannot set any more
passwords. Regardless of what I put in it claims it is in the password
history, which is not true since they are completely randomly generated
passwords.

If I disable password history checking in the policy, I can set my
password again.

-Brandon
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Nathan Kinder
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

On 09/01/2010 05:50 PM, brandon wrote:
> I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?
>
I am not aware of a bug like this. What version of 389-ds-base are you
running?
> I have the limit set to 20 passwords, and due to debugging I have cycled
> through 20 passwords. From that point forward I cannot set any more
> passwords. Regardless of what I put in it claims it is in the password
> history, which is not true since they are completely randomly generated
> passwords.
>
> If I disable password history checking in the policy, I can set my
> password again.
>
> -Brandon
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Brandon G
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

Nathan Kinder wrote:

On 09/01/2010 05:50 PM, brandon wrote:


I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?



I am not aware of a bug like this. What version of 389-ds-base are you
running?






Versions:




389-ds-console-1.2.0-5


389-admin-1.1.9-1


389-admin-console-1.1.4-2


389-console-1.1.3-5


389-ds-base-1.2.3-1


389-admin-console-doc-1.1.4-2


389-adminutil-1.1.8-4


389-ds-console-doc-1.2.0-5


389-dsgw-1.1.4-1


389-ds-1.1.3-5


RHEL 5.5




We have one master and two replica's.



-Brandon



--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Rich Megginson
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

Brandon G wrote:
> Nathan Kinder wrote:
>> On 09/01/2010 05:50 PM, brandon wrote:
>>
>>> I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?
>>>
>>>
>> I am not aware of a bug like this. What version of 389-ds-base are you
>> running?
>>
>
>
> Versions:
>
> 389-ds-console-1.2.0-5
> 389-admin-1.1.9-1
> 389-admin-console-1.1.4-2
> 389-console-1.1.3-5
> 389-ds-base-1.2.3-1
> 389-admin-console-doc-1.1.4-2
> 389-adminutil-1.1.8-4
> 389-ds-console-doc-1.2.0-5
> 389-dsgw-1.1.4-1
> 389-ds-1.1.3-5
> RHEL 5.5
>
> We have one master and two replica's.
See if you get the problem with the newly released 389-ds-base 1.2.6 and
related packages.
>
> -Brandon
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Nathan Kinder
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

On 09/14/2010 12:41 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Brandon G wrote:
>
>> Nathan Kinder wrote:
>>
>>> On 09/01/2010 05:50 PM, brandon wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> I am not aware of a bug like this. What version of 389-ds-base are you
>>> running?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Versions:
>>
>> 389-ds-console-1.2.0-5
>> 389-admin-1.1.9-1
>> 389-admin-console-1.1.4-2
>> 389-console-1.1.3-5
>> 389-ds-base-1.2.3-1
>> 389-admin-console-doc-1.1.4-2
>> 389-adminutil-1.1.8-4
>> 389-ds-console-doc-1.2.0-5
>> 389-dsgw-1.1.4-1
>> 389-ds-1.1.3-5
>> RHEL 5.5
>>
>> We have one master and two replica's.
>>
> See if you get the problem with the newly released 389-ds-base 1.2.6 and
> related packages.
>
There was a bug that I fixed a few months back that was related to
password history. I'll have to dig up the details. It may very well
fix this issue.

-NGK
>> -Brandon
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> --
>> 389 users mailing list
>> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>>
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Nathan Kinder
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

On 09/14/2010 02:00 PM, Nathan Kinder wrote:
> On 09/14/2010 12:41 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
>
>> Brandon G wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Nathan Kinder wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> On 09/01/2010 05:50 PM, brandon wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> I am curious if anybody knows of a bug with the password history limit?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> I am not aware of a bug like this. What version of 389-ds-base are you
>>>> running?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Versions:
>>>
>>> 389-ds-console-1.2.0-5
>>> 389-admin-1.1.9-1
>>> 389-admin-console-1.1.4-2
>>> 389-console-1.1.3-5
>>> 389-ds-base-1.2.3-1
>>> 389-admin-console-doc-1.1.4-2
>>> 389-adminutil-1.1.8-4
>>> 389-ds-console-doc-1.2.0-5
>>> 389-dsgw-1.1.4-1
>>> 389-ds-1.1.3-5
>>> RHEL 5.5
>>>
>>> We have one master and two replica's.
>>>
>>>
>> See if you get the problem with the newly released 389-ds-base 1.2.6 and
>> related packages.
>>
>>
> There was a bug that I fixed a few months back that was related to
> password history. I'll have to dig up the details. It may very well
> fix this issue.
>
Here is the bug I was referring to.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511112
> -NGK
>
>>> -Brandon
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> --
>>> 389 users mailing list
>>> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>>>
>>>
>> --
>> 389 users mailing list
>> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>>
>>
> --
> 389 users mailing list
> 389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
>

--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 
Old 09-15-2010, 03:26 AM
brandon
 
Default Password history limit reached--no longer able to set passwords?

On 09/14/2010 03:02 PM, Nathan Kinder wrote:
>>> See if you get the problem with the newly released 389-ds-base 1.2.6 and
>>> related packages.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> There was a bug that I fixed a few months back that was related to
>> password history. I'll have to dig up the details. It may very well
>> fix this issue.
>>
>>
> Here is the bug I was referring to.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=511112
>
>

Nice, thanks! I will upgrade in our Lab environment and see if it
improves things.

-Brandon
--
389 users mailing list
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org