Old 08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default not all masters are born equal?

Hi
Just wanted to double check; We have not created replication agreements between all masters and in some instances it might take 2 hops for a change to be replicated everywhere. We are happy with this trade-off in delay for simplicity. Are we breaking some cardinal rule regarding multi-master or is this acceptable? The idea is to have edge servers in each DC that speaks to other DC edge servers and internally things are more verbal.

A simplified attempt at a diagram. changes in dc1master02 will take two replications before it reaches dc2master02

dc1 dc2
master02 <-> master01 <-> master01 <-> master02

This question pertains both to a shared NetscapeRootDB and userDB databases.

Best Regards