Old 08-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Stefan-Michael Guenther

Default GOSA as a frontend for the 389 Directory Server?

Hello,

one of our clients wants to use GOSA (https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/)
as a frontend for the 389 DS.

I found a number of postings that configuring GOSA to work with the 398
DS isn't easy.

Therefore my question is whether anyone has a working combination and
might publish a howto on it?

Otherwise I would have to find my way through it and write the docu on it.

Thanks for any hints & suggestions,

Stefan

Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Hi Stefan,
GOsa² uses its own combination of objectClasses to store information plus its own set of ACL's to control access to the GUI but this ACL's does not translate into protection for other access methods that does not go through the GUI.

I think you will get much better support from the GOsa² mailing list with regards to get it working with 389. The developer of GOsa² actively responds and I have got answers to all my GOsa² related questions there.

The GOsa² team is also busy rewriting a lot of the documentation of which a lot is in French currently so there might be something available already that covers implementation with 389.

Best Regards