Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default NetscapeRoot longevity

Hi
The database name NetscapeRoot I assume is a leftover from when 389 was a netscape product. Is there any plans to eventually change this to 389-root or something similar. It would be a purely cosmetic change though and probably way to much work and introduce many bugs... but I thought I would ask.

Regards

Old 08-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Rich Megginson

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
> The database name NetscapeRoot I assume is a leftover from when 389 was a netscape product. Is there any plans to eventually change this to 389-root or something similar. It would be a purely cosmetic change though and probably way to much work and introduce many bugs... but I thought I would ask.

It has been a low priority item for years, but we have never actually
gotten around to it. If we ever decide to change it, we will provide
comprehensive migration scripts to convert things over to the new regime.