Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Console breaks when enabling no anoymous binding

Hi
If I set
nsslapd-allow-anonymous-access: off
I am not able to login to the 389-console. I can remedy this by checking the checkbox "Use SSL in Console" in the Encryption tab on the Directory Server console. This seems a strange solution to the problem. Why would disabing anonymous access break console access and why would enabling "Use SSL in Console" fix it?

I get another interesting error as well with the "Use SSL in Console" checkbox checked.
Login to Management Console
Open Directory Console
Click on Configuration tab
Click on Encryption tab

I get "An error has occured"
Could not open file(null). File does not exist or filename is invalid.

After I click on OK, I can proceed to the Encryption tab. Is this a bug or me not configuring something. The error message is not very helpfull.

Regards