Old 08-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Terry Soucy

Default Missing encryption information

Hi All,

We have two instances of 389 server running as slaves to a single
master. The master and one of the slaves have no troubles with SSL.
The other slave does not allow me to choose the cipher family under the
encryption tab in configuration. Also, when I click on "Manage
Certificates", nothing pops up. The server is responding to queries on
636 with no problems, and I was able to import the new server cert
without error using pk12util, but I can't change the server cert to use
in the console.

Any ideas?
--
Terry Soucy, Systems Analyst Integrated Technology Services
University of New Brunswick, Fredericton Campus http://www.unbf.ca/its

Old 08-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Rich Megginson

Terry Soucy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have two instances of 389 server running as slaves to a single
> master. The master and one of the slaves have no troubles with SSL.
> The other slave does not allow me to choose the cipher family under the
> encryption tab in configuration. Also, when I click on "Manage
> Certificates", nothing pops up. The server is responding to queries on
> 636 with no problems, and I was able to import the new server cert
> without error using pk12util, but I can't change the server cert to use
> in the console.
>
> Any ideas?

What platform? What 389 version?
rpm -qi 389-ds-base
rpm -qi 389-admin

Try running the console with -D 9 -f console.log

Try checking the admin server log at /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv/error