Old 08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Some "admin" questions

Hi
Not important but just curious about why there is http://port389.org/ and http://directory.fedoraproject.org/ since port389 gets redirected anyway.

And also is there any difference between RHDS (Redhat Directory Server) and 389? Is the relationship similar to Satellite and Spacewalk or is it purely a naming thing?

Best Regards

Old 08-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Rich Megginson

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
> Not important but just curious about why there is http://port389.org/ and http://directory.fedoraproject.org/ since port389 gets redirected anyway.

At some point we will make port389.org the official site and
directory.fedoraproject.org will redirect there.
> And also is there any difference between RHDS (Redhat Directory Server) and 389?
Yes. The relationship between RHDS and 389 is roughly the same as the
relationship between Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora.
> Is the relationship similar to Satellite and Spacewalk or is it purely a naming thing?

similar