Old 07-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Sanity check for install approach

Hi
I would appreciate anyone just giving the tasks below a sanity check.

We will have a multimaster setup with various consumers from which clients will be authenticating off. Clients can not reach the masters directly and can only reach the consumer servers.

To enable password policies to work correctly I will configure the consumer servers to chain requests back to the masters and enable chaining for the Password policy component. My understanding is thus that when a client tries to authenticate against the consumer server and fails, the password policy configured on the consumer will activate and the counter incremented for failed logins. This incremented counter change will then be chained back to the master which will replicate it back to the consumer and any other consumers.

To rephrase the above... in a user story.
User authenticates against consumer01
Authentication fails
Consumer01 has password policy configured and replication from master01.
What happens next?
Does the consumer automatically communicate this failure back to master01, or do you need to setup chaining for this to happen?

Regards