Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Steven Truong

Default How to let users change their passwords?

Dear, all. I have been searched low and high for a tool that can let
users to change their passwords in 389 DS or OpenLDAP? I think there
is a real need for such a tool and I hope that people already wrote
such a tool...

Please share your ways of how you allow your users to change their
passwords or other setup/architecture that allow this function.

Beside that, I also recommend Apache Studio as a great tool to work
with LDAP servers.....
Thank you in advance.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Steven Truong

I just downloaded the Windows Console and tried to access the server
through http://myserver:myport with a regular user. Once I got in
with this regular user, I could list the whole directory and actually
changed the password for this account. I think Windows Console can be
used for this purpose to work with 389 and with some stricter ACI we
can even limit what the users can list/search.... But I still would
like to know what you are using and please share your experiences on
this....

Thank you.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Rich Megginson

Steven Truong wrote:
> I just downloaded the Windows Console and tried to access the server
> through http://myserver:myport with a regular user. Once I got in
> with this regular user, I could list the whole directory and actually
> changed the password for this account. I think Windows Console can be
> used for this purpose to work with 389 and with some stricter ACI we
> can even limit what the users can list/search.... But I still would
> like to know what you are using and please share your experiences on
> this....

The Directory Server Gateway (DSGW - package 389-dsgw) is a web based
app that (among other features) lets users do self-service to their own
entries, including password change -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DSGW - scroll down a bit to the
Person Entry page - you'll see a button there called Change Password.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:52 PM
"Jason Vervlied"

We wrote a site in perl that lets any user change their own password and also lets certain admin users change anybody's password.

JASON VERVLIED
LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR

525 Okeechobee Blvd. Suite 1800
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Direct: 561-775-1126
EMAIL: jvervlied@intechjanus.com
WEBSITE: www.intechjanus.com

This message, including its attachments, contains information from INTECH Investment Management LLC or one of its affiliates which may be confidential and/or privileged. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and immediately delete this message. Thank you