Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Daniel Maher

Default Users added in group via add member not able to authenticate

On 07/19/2010 12:16 PM, ashish nair wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> When I try authenticating the users in the group IT, it is searching for
> that user in that OU itself. But the users that are added as members in
> the group are not able to because these are not present physically in
> that OU.
> auth_ldap authenticate: user user1 authentication failed; URI /secure
> [User not found][No such object]
> Thanks
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM, ashish nair <nair.ashish13@gmail.com
> <mailto:nair.ashish13@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi Daniel,
> Thanks for responding.
> DC=ldapser,dc=com
> |
> OU=People
> |--------user1...usern
> |
> |--------OU=shared
> |
> |--------------uid=ituser1
> |--------------cn=IT
> This is the structure of the the ldap server.I have added users
> user1...usern in the IT group via add member.
> Now when I give the OU of shared as path for authentication, its
> only accepting the logins
> of the ituser1 but not of the group IT.
> I need this setup as these users are common to a few OU's.
> The ldap connecting string that is there in apache
> "ldap://10.209.22.65:389/ou=shared,ou=People,dc=ldapser,dc=com?uid?sub?(obj ectClass=*)"
> I tried both with uid and uniquemember. Both are not working .
> Thanks again.

"cn=IT" ? "cn" means "Common Name", and it generally contains a
person's name. Based on what you've described above, there is no IT group.

The Apache error contains the string "/secure", but the LDAP search
string you provided does not. You might want to verify that.

--
Daniel Maher <dma + 389users AT witbe DOT net>