Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Daniel Maher

Default Users added in group via add member not able to authenticate

On 07/19/2010 06:45 AM, ashish nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup 389 ldap server which went fine without any
> problems. But I am stuck with the group authentication.I wanted to
> have common groups in a few OU's.
> For ex: I have a pool of users in the directory server. I created a
> group under one OU and added those users(which are not in this tree) via
> add member option.But when I provide DN of this OU for authentication
> the users of this group are not able to do so. But when I create users
> under this tree directly it works. I tried many options but its not working.
> Please help.

Please provide more details, for example, the OUs and DNs (sanitised if
necessary), the search string (or equivalent) that you're using to
authenticate, and any other relavant information (environment, etc..).

--
Daniel Maher <dma + 389users AT witbe DOT net>