Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Slow logging

Hi
In my lab system I am seeing quite a long delay(10+seconds) between the actual ldap request and the logging of the request in the access log. Is this normal behavior? and can it be speeded up? Admittedly I have not investigated this much yet but noticed it and thought I would ask quickly. Using latest stable from EPEL and Centos 5.5 fully updated.

Regards

Old 07-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Rich Megginson

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
> Hi
> In my lab system I am seeing quite a long delay(10+seconds) between the actual ldap request and the logging of the request in the access log. Is this normal behavior?
Yes. By default, the access log is buffered.
> and can it be speeded up?
Yes.
ldapmodify -x -D "cn=directory manager" -w yourpassword
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-accesslog-logbuffering
nsslapd-accesslog-logbuffering: off

but for high performance in production environments, it is recommended
to leave buffering on, or perhaps use the new Named Pipe Log Script.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Named_Pipe_Log_Script