Old 07-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Aaron Hagopian

Default Password History in a Replicated Environment

The documentation later tells you how to replicate these attributes:

passwordRetryCount

retryCountResetTime

accountUnlockTime

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Managing_Replication-Replicating-Password-Attributes.html#replicating-pwd-policy

I'm using this with multi-master replication across 3 servers and works fine. *Just make sure to heed the advice about ensuring the policy is setup the same on all the servers:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/User_Account_Management.html#User_Account_Manageme nt-Managing_the_Password_Policy

Enjoy!