Old 07-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Gerrard Geldenhuis

Default Password History in a Replicated Environment

Hi
The documentation clearly states that password modification history is not replicated including account lockout counters. To me that seems a bit pointless to have if your servers are authenticating against a cluster of 4 machines. There is no guarantee that next time when you change your password that the history will be captured by the same server.

I am sure I am not the only person that has had to deal with this dilemma and am curious about other possible solutions to this problem. The problem being to keep a shared used password between multi masters. I would really appreciate any thoughts or shared expierences in dealing with the limitations of the password policy in a multimaster environment.

Regards