Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM
"Roland de Lepper"

Default Computer account samba 389

Hi tehre,

I've just setup, for test, a Fedora 389 directory with Samba on Centos 5.4
x86_64. All is working fine. I can do a "smbpasswd -a user" and see the
newly created user in the 389 directory.

I've setup DNS, with is also running fine.

Now I'm trying to get a Windows & machine be part of the domain. I've made
the necessary change in the registry on Windows, shutdown the firewall on
both machine and selinux on the linux machine.
When I specify the administrator user and password to be able to make
windows 7 part of the domain, I get a weird Windows message saying: "A
device attached to the system is not functioning". A wierd message, but it
appears the computeraccount cannot be automatically be updated to 389.

When Ik check the log on my linux machine is says:
ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid LDAPCLIENT$
(dn = uid=LDAPCLIENT$,ou=Computers,dc=example,dc=org)

The machine-account is created with the useradd command on Linux.

How can the machine-account be updated into 389 so my Windows & machine
can be part of the domain?

Thanks in advanced for any reply.