Old 06-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Mike Li

Default attribute name case sensitivity

Looks like the ldap server forces lower case sensitivity (or is that set as default somewhere). When I add an attribute, it always turn all letters to lower case. How do I make it case sensitive?

Thanks.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Rich Megginson

Mike Li wrote:
> Looks like the ldap server forces lower case sensitivity (or is that
> set as default somewhere). When I add an attribute, it always turn all
> letters to lower case. How do I make it case sensitive?
What platform? What version of 389-ds-base? What attribute(s)?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Mike Li

Fedora DS 7.1 on Linux. Attributes are any attributes I want to add. Tried it also on lbe, they are all silently turned into all lower cases.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Rich Megginson

Mike Li wrote:
> Fedora DS 7.1 on Linux. Attributes are any attributes I want to add.
It should depend. Some attributes are case sensitive, some are not.

Fedora DS 7.1? Can you upgrade to a recently release of 389?