Old 06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Mitja Mihelič

Default Restart of replicated servers

Hi!

We currently have the following setup.
consumer1 <------ supplier1 <---multi-master-repl---> supplier2 ------>
consumer2

What is the correct order in which to restart directory servers so that
all replication agreements will come up OK ?
That is without us having to reinitialize all of the consumers.

Knowing how to do it in this setup would also help:
supplier1 ------> consumer1

Regards,
Mitja

Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Rich Megginson

Mitja Mihelic( wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We currently have the following setup.
> consumer1 <------ supplier1 <---multi-master-repl---> supplier2 ------>
> consumer2
>
> What is the correct order in which to restart directory servers so that
> all replication agreements will come up OK ?

It should not matter. The suppliers/masters will keep trying to connect
to the consumers until they respond.