-   -   errors once in the admin console (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/386420-errors-once-admin-console.html)

Steven Jones 06-16-2010 02:20 AM

errors once in the admin console

Hi,

I installed with, "yum -y install 389-ds"

I have started the console with, /usr/bin/389-console

under the Server group folder I have "Administration Server" and "Directory Server" (hostname)

Clicking on either of these gives me a class load error saying,

"failed to install a local copy a local copy of 389-ds-1.2.jar or one of its supporting files...."

or,

"failed to install a local copy a local copy of 389-admin-1.1.jar or one of its supporting files...."

"Can not connect to http://(hostname):9830"

When I installed the ldap system the 389.ds and 389-admin rpms were installed...

Any ideas please?

Where are the logs kept?

regards

Steven

Gerrard Geldenhuis 06-16-2010 08:32 AM

errors once in the admin console

Hi Steven,
Double check that you are using the correct JVM by using alternatives as stated in the install guide. I don't know if that is the problem but worth checking. Also double check the install log of yum for a clean install. Have you run setup-ds-admin.pl script to setup your directory after installation?

What OS are you using( I am guesing Centos ) what version of 389 have you installed.

The documentation in http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ is very comprehensive. You will find your answer as to where the logs are kept in the Administrator's Guide almost right at the beginning.

Best Regards

Nathan Kinder 06-16-2010 03:39 PM

On 06/15/2010 07:20 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed with, "yum -y install 389-ds"
>
> I have started the console with, /usr/bin/389-console
>
> under the Server group folder I have "Administration Server" and "Directory Server" (hostname)
>
> Clicking on either of these gives me a class load error saying,
>
> "failed to install a local copy a local copy of 389-ds-1.2.jar or one of its supporting files...."
>
> or,
>
> "failed to install a local copy a local copy of 389-admin-1.1.jar or one of its supporting files...."
>
> "Can not connect to http://(hostname):9830"
>
> When I installed the ldap system the 389.ds and 389-admin rpms were installed...
>
> Any ideas please?

Does the server have the 389-ds-console and 389-admin-console rpms
installed? Those packages contain the jar files that Console is
attempting to download from the Administration Server.
> Where are the logs kept?

/var/log/dirsrv

Steven Jones 06-16-2010 11:25 PM

errors once in the admin console