Old 06-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Rich Megginson

Default Announcing 389 Directory Server 1.2.6 Alpha 4

The 389 team is pleased to announce the availability of Alpha 4 of
version 1.2.6. This release contains a new replication session API,
auto DN index upgrade, and several bug fixes.

***We need your help! Please help us test this software.*** It is an
Alpha release, so it may have a few glitches, but it has been tested for
regressions and for new feature bugs. The Fedora system
strongly encourages packages to be in Testing until verified and pushed
to Stable. If we don't get any feedback while the packages are in
Testing, the packages will remain in limbo, or get pushed to Stable.

The more testing we get, the faster we can release these packages to
Stable. See the Release Notes for information about how to provide
testing feedback (or just send an email to
389-users@lists.fedoraproject.org).

The packages that need testing are:
* 389-ds-base-1.2.6.a4 - 389-ds-base
* 389-admin-1.1.11.a4 - 389-admin

There are some new console/java packages too, and there is a new version
of the 389-ds "meta" package - 1.2.1

* Release Notes - http://port389.org/wiki/Release_Notes
* Install_Guide - http://port389.org/wiki/Install_Guide
* Download - http://port389.org/wiki/Download

=== New features ===
* Replication Session Hooks -
http://port389.org/wiki/Replication_Session_Hooks
* Upgrade to new DN format -
http://port389.org/wiki/Upgrade_to_New_DN_Format

=== Bugs Fixed ===
This release contains a couple of bug fixes. The complete list of bugs
fixed is found at the link below. Note that bugs marked as MODIFIED
have been fixed but are still in testing.
* Tracking bug for 1.2.6 release -
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=543590&hide_resolved=0