Old 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM
"Hyatt, Dan"

Default Management Console login

I have been trying to get the 389 up. I have
the management console up. But I am getting the error

Cannot logon because of an incorrect User
ID, Incorrect password or Directory problem

Java.io.EOFException:connection lost

*

*

I am using Directory Manager or fds* as
usernames with their corresponding passwords

I am using http://localhost:1099

http://server_name:1099

*

with 1099 being the management console
port number.

*

Any suggestions?

*

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc. proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Rich Megginson

Hyatt, Dan wrote:

> been trying to get the 389 up. I have the management console up. But I
> am getting the error
>
> Cannot logon because of an incorrect User ID, Incorrect password or
> Directory problem
>
> Java.io.EOFException:connection lost
>

> I am using Directory Manager or fds as usernames with their
> corresponding passwords
>
> I am using http://localhost:1099 <http://localhost:1099/>
>
> http://server_name:1099 <http://server_name:1099/>
>

> with 1099 being the management console port number.
>

> Any suggestions?

What 389 version? What platform? What version of Java? Can you go to
that URL in your web browser and access Admin Express?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:20 PM
"Hyatt, Dan"

> been trying to get the 389 up. I have the management console up. But I

> am getting the error
>
> Cannot logon because of an incorrect User ID, Incorrect password or
> Directory problem
>
> Java.io.EOFException:connection lost
>

> I am using Directory Manager or fds as usernames with their
> corresponding passwords
>
> I am using http://localhost:1099 <http://localhost:1099/>
>
> http://server_name:1099 <http://server_name:1099/>
>

> with 1099 being the management console port number.
>

> Any suggestions?

What 389 version? What platform? What version of Java? Can you go to
that URL in your web browser and access Admin Express?

RHEL5.3 on a ESX VM 1 CPU and 1 Gig of ram.
[root@sdrac0104 log]# java -showversion
java version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)

yum list |grep 389
389-admin.x86_64 1.1.10-1.el5 installed
389-admin-console.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
389-admin-console-doc.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
389-adminutil.x86_64 1.1.8-4.el5 installed
389-console.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
389-ds.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
389-ds-base.x86_64 1.2.5-1.el5 installed
389-ds-console.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
389-ds-console-doc.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
389-dsgw.x86_64 1.1.4-1.el5 installed

If I type 389-console from my command line, I get the browser.

When I type http://server_name:1098/admin-serv/ from my desktop (admin
server port is 1098)
It requests a username and password. I put in Directory Manager or lds
or ldsserver and all three are rejected.

http://server_name:1099/ in my webbrowser gives me a big white, with no
error

Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Rich Megginson

Hyatt, Dan wrote:
> [...]
Try 389-console -D 9 -f console.log and see if there is any additional
information in console.log
Check the access log for the directory server - look for err=49 or
err=32 - /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-yourname/access
> http://server_name:1099/ in my webbrowser gives me a big white, with no
> error

Check the admin server access and error log in /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv

Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
"Hyatt, Dan"

>> I am using Directory Manager or fds as usernames with their
>> corresponding passwords
>>
>> I am using http://localhost:1099 <http://localhost:1099/>
>>
>> http://server_name:1099 <http://server_name:1099/>
>>

>> with 1099 being the management console port number.
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>>

> What 389 version? What platform? What version of Java? Can you go
> that URL in your web browser and access Admin Express?
>
> RHEL5.3 on a ESX VM 1 CPU and 1 Gig of ram.
> [root@sdrac0104 log]# java -showversion
> java version "1.6.0"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)
>
> yum list |grep 389
> 389-admin.x86_64 1.1.10-1.el5 installed
> 389-admin-console.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
> 389-admin-console-doc.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
> 389-adminutil.x86_64 1.1.8-4.el5 installed
> 389-console.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
> 389-ds.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
> 389-ds-base.x86_64 1.2.5-1.el5 installed
> 389-ds-console.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
> 389-ds-console-doc.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
> 389-dsgw.x86_64 1.1.4-1.el5 installed
>
> If I type 389-console from my command line, I get the browser.
>
> When I type http://server_name:1098/admin-serv/ from my desktop
(admin
> server port is 1098)
> It requests a username and password. I put in Directory Manager or
lds
> or ldsserver and all three are rejected.

Try 389-console -D 9 -f console.log and see if there is any additional
information in console.log
Check the access log for the directory server - look for err=49 or
err=32 - /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-yourname/access

Niether, got this instead....
By the thousands ....
, expected 0x30)
[26/May/2010:11:13:28 -0500] - conn=218754 received a non-LDAP message
(tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
[26/May/2010:11:13:28 -0500] - conn=218755 received a non-LDAP message
(tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
[26/May/2010:11:13:31 -0500] - conn=218756 received a non-LDAP message
(tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
[26/May/2010:11:13:34 -0500] - conn=218757 received a non-LDAP message
(tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
> http://server_name:1099/ in my webbrowser gives me a big white, with
no
> error

Check the admin server access and error log in
/var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv

.org/mailman/listinfo/389-users

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Rich Megginson

Hyatt, Dan wrote:

>>> I am using Directory Manager or fds as usernames with their
>>> corresponding passwords
>>>
>>> I am using http://localhost:1099 <http://localhost:1099/>
>>>
>>> http://server_name:1099 <http://server_name:1099/>
>>>

>>> with 1099 being the management console port number.
>>>

>>> Any suggestions?
>>>

>> What 389 version? What platform? What version of Java? Can you go

>> that URL in your web browser and access Admin Express?
>>
>> RHEL5.3 on a ESX VM 1 CPU and 1 Gig of ram.
>> [root@sdrac0104 log]# java -showversion
>> java version "1.6.0"
>> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
>> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)
>>
>> yum list |grep 389
>> 389-admin.x86_64 1.1.10-1.el5 installed
>> 389-admin-console.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
>> 389-admin-console-doc.noarch 1.1.4-3.el5 installed
>> 389-adminutil.x86_64 1.1.8-4.el5 installed
>> 389-console.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
>> 389-ds.noarch 1.1.3-6.el5 installed
>> 389-ds-base.x86_64 1.2.5-1.el5 installed
>> 389-ds-console.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
>> 389-ds-console-doc.noarch 1.2.0-5.el5 installed
>> 389-dsgw.x86_64 1.1.4-1.el5 installed
>>
>> If I type 389-console from my command line, I get the browser.
>>
>> When I type http://server_name:1098/admin-serv/ from my desktop
>>
> (admin
>
>> server port is 1098)
>> It requests a username and password. I put in Directory Manager or
>>
> lds
>
>> or ldsserver and all three are rejected.
>>

> Try 389-console -D 9 -f console.log and see if there is any additional
> information in console.log
> Check the access log for the directory server - look for err=49 or
> err=32 - /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-yourname/access
>
> Niether, got this instead....
> By the thousands ....
> , expected 0x30)
> [26/May/2010:11:13:28 -0500] - conn=218754 received a non-LDAP message
> (tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
> [26/May/2010:11:13:28 -0500] - conn=218755 received a non-LDAP message
> (tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
> [26/May/2010:11:13:31 -0500] - conn=218756 received a non-LDAP message
> (tag 0x47, expected 0x30)
> [26/May/2010:11:13:34 -0500] - conn=218757 received a non-LDAP message
> (tag 0x47, expected 0x30)

What IP address are these connections coming from? This could also be a
client attempting a TLS/SSL connection on the regular LDAP port.