Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Giovanni Mancuso

Default Rename ldap entries

Hi all,

in my ldap, i have a series of entry that are:

uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test1.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test1.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test2.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test2.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test3.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com
uid = xxxx, ou=People,dc=test3.com, o=company, dc=example, dc=com

Foreach domain (dc=test*.com), i have, cos, aci and role that are
interconnected.

An aci example:
aci: (targetattr = "subschemaSubentry || companyUsedQuota") (version
3.0;acl "
admin update used quota";allow (read,compare,search,write)(roledn =
"ldap://
/cn=admin role,o=company, dc=example, dc=com")

I need to rename my o=company in o=company1. Any ideas?

I thought that if I do a db2ldif, and export my db in ldif file, i can run:

sed -i s/o=company,/o=company1,/g ldiffile.ldif

But it doesn't work becouse db2ldif cut the lines after 75 characters.
Can i create an export that doesn't truncate the row? Is there a workaround?

Any suggestion is welcome :-)

Thanks

Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Giovanni Mancuso

I found that if I use a -U option, the db2ldif produce a good ldif file.

Sorry